Registration & Temporary Residence in Czechia

From Expat Wiki
< Czechia(Redirected from Czechia/Immigration)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

If you stay in Czechia for more than 30 days, you must register at a Foreign Police Department. If staying longer than 3 months, you can apply for Temporary residence.

Report your arrival[edit]

You must report your arrival if you plan to stay longer than 30 days in the Czech republic. To do this,

It should take only one appointment to get the registration done.

Report changes[edit]

If you change your name, travel document, place of living, you must report this within 15 / 30 working days.

Optional: Apply for Temporary residence[edit]

If you stay longer than 3 months, you can apply for Temporary Residence (Přechodný pobyt).

Benefits of Temporary residence[edit]

  • easier application for Czech bank accounts (but it is also possible without)
  • it is mandatory for credit cards, overdraft, mortgage, driving lessons
  • you get Rodné číslo (national Identity number)

How to apply[edit]

In addition to the requirements for registration, you need:

  • a photograph
  • proof of the purpose of you stay (Studies, research, employment, business, family unification)

Read here about further details. It is even possible to download and fill out the application at home and send it by postal service.