List of German Bank Accounts
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
When do I need a German bank account?
- when you have no account to receive and send EUR
- when you want to have standing orders (regular payments) and your current EUR account does not support them
- when you need a German account number (IBAN, staring with DE...). Some business and authorities do still not accept non-German IBAN
How to open a German bank account?
Just pick one from the list below, or from one of the comparisons.
For creating an account, you will usually need:
- an ID or passport if you are from EU/EEA
- a passport if you are from outside EEA
- proof of residence is often not needed
Lists of German Bank Accounts
More Banking Overviews
- List of German Business Bank Accounts
- List of German Student Bank Accounts
- List of German Savings Accounts
* Links marked with a star (*) are affiliate links. If you click on such a link and then shop or order something, we will receive a commission for your purchase with which we can cover our expenses and keep the site free of ads. This does not change the price for you.