List of German Gas Providers
When do I need a gas provider?
- If you rent (or buy) an apartment or house directly from a landlord
- and your place uses local gas heating. To find out
- ask your landlord
- or check if you have these things on the first photo in your place
You usually don't need a gas contract
- when you sublet an apartment or room, because then your main tenant has already a contract with them.
How to order and pay a gas supplier?
- Find out whether your warm water is heated by gas.
- Estimate your consumption. Typical:
- apartment size 30 m²: 4350 kWh (no water heating) / 4800 kWh (incl. water heating)
- apartment size 50 m²: 7250 kWh (no water heating) / 8000 kWh (incl. water heating)
- apartment size 70 m²: 10150 kWh (no water heating) / 11200 kWh (incl. water heating)
- apartment size 90 m²: 13050 kWh (no water heating) / 14400 kWh (incl. water heating)
- apartment size 110 m²: 15950 kWh (no water heating) / 17600 kWh (incl. water heating)
- Compare providers or pick a provider from the list below
- Order online
- Based on your consumption estimation, they calculate a monthly prepayment rate for you. Pay that rate now every month.
- After a year (usually), they measure your actual consumption.
- If you used less than your estimation, you will get money back and your monthly prepayment rate will be lowered.
- If you used more than your estimation, you will need to pay the difference and your monthly prepayment rate will be raised.
Compare gas providers
- Article with included comparison tool by BerlinCheap.com
List of gas providers
- How to switch Gas Providers in Germany to Save Money by settle-in-berlin.com
- Gas Provider Berlin by movingto-berlin.com
* Links marked with a star (*) are affiliate links. If you click on such a link and then shop or order something, we will receive a commission for your purchase with which we can cover our expenses and keep the site free of ads. This does not change the price for you.