Home Internet Providers in Germany)
Questions & answers about German internet providers for homes, links & guides to comparisons.
Questions & Answers
When do I need an Internet provider for my place? 
- If you rent (or buy) an apartment or house directly from a landlord.
You usually don't need an Internet contract
- when you sublet an apartment or room.
If in doubt, ask your landlord.
For how long should I order an Internet provider? 
You can order a contract with only 1 month cancellation period. But much cheaper offers come mostly only with a 24 month term. 24 months seem to long? Because you might move to another place before? No worries. By German law, you can either
- move your contract to your new place
- cancel your contract when the provider is not available at your new place.
How to order an Internet provider for my home? 
Use an online comparison tool. We have listed a few below. There are so many offers (incl. special bonuses), that only these tools can show you the best deals, saving you up to 100-200€. See our list below.
The tools will typically ask you for the following, so here is a dictionary:
- Vorwahl = your landline city prefix. If you don't know your prefix: find it here.
- Geschwindigkeit = desired minimum speed of the connection
- Laufzeit = maximal contact term
- Flatrates = Which plans do you want? ("Internet" should be enough most times.)
- Anschlussart = Type of connection
- Neukunde = new customer, no contract yet at your current place / Wechsler = you already have an Internet contract and want to move to a new provider.
List of Internet provider comparison tools
- Cheapest German Internet & Phone Providers by BerlinCheap.com – incl. an English video on how to use the comparison form and order a contract.
- This is an affiliate link. If you click on it and then buy something or sign up for a service, we may earn a commission which covers our expenses. This does not change the price for you.