List of German Internet & Phone Providers (DSL, cable)
When do I need an Internet provider for my place?
- If you rent (or buy) an apartment or house directly from a landlord.
You usually don't need an Internet contract
- when you sublet an apartment or room.
If in doubt, ask your landlord.
For how long should I order an Internet provider?
You can order a contract with only 1 month cancellation period. But much cheaper offers come mostly only with a 24 month term. 24 months seem to long? Because you might move to another place before? No worries. By German law, you can either
- move your contract to your new place
- cancel your contract when the provider is not available at your new place.
How to order an Internet provider for my home?
Use an online comparison tool. There are so many offers (incl. special bonuses), that only these tools can show you the best deals, saving you up to 100-200€.
Below we've integrated a comparison tool*. Just fill out the fields:
- Vorwahl = your landline city prefix. If you don't know your prefix: find it here.
- Geschwindigkeit = desired minimum speed of the connection
- Laufzeit = maximal contact term
- Flatrates = Which plans do you want? ("Internet" should be enough most times.)
- Anschlussart = Type of connection
- Neukunde = new customer, no contract yet at your current place / Wechsler = you already have an Internet contract and want to move to a new provider.
- Cheapest German Internet & Phone Providers by BerlinCheap.com – incl. an English video on how to use the comparison form and order a contract.
* Links marked with a star (*) are affiliate links. If you click on such a link and then shop or order something, we will receive a commission for your purchase with which we can cover our expenses and keep the site free of ads. This does not change the price for you.