Register as a freelancer in Czechia
The simplest way to start working self-employed / as a freelancer in Czechia is to get a Trade License / Trade Certificate (Živnostenský list).
Instead of figuring out on your own what you need, you can also book a licensing service:
Types of Trade Licenses
You have to select a license type, describing your business. Here's a list of trade license types.
What do I need to get a Trade License (Živnostenský list)?
- if you have lived for more than 3 months in Czechia:
- travel document (ID or passport), make a copy of it
- your former address abroad
- proof of residence in Czechia
- rental contact (in Czech, or a certified translation of it)
- confirmation of your landlord that you are allowed to run your business from your home / office
- must be in Czech language, or a certified translation of it
A detailed list is provided by TradeLicense.cz.
Where do I go?
- Find here the Trade department (Živnostenský odbor) of your location
- Go there during its opening hours and bring the things mentioned above. You don't need an appointment, only pick a waiting number and wait.