Postident is a service of Deutsche Post (German Post) to allow business like online banks or mobile phone operators to identify you. It can be done by one of these ways:
- video chat
- photo upload
- online ID function of German ID card or electronic residence permit
- visit in an office of Deutsche Post
Most commonly, "Postident" is used for visiting a post office.
Questions & Answers
How does Postident work with a post office visit? 
- The company that wants to identify you sends you a Postident coupon. Either by e-mail or you can download it.
- You print out the Postident coupon. If cannot print it, you can also use the Postident app (Android, iOS)
- You go to a Deutsche Post office and show the Postident coupon.
Which documents & passports are accepted for Postident in a post office? 
- ↑ "Post office / Do I have to print out the POSTIDENT coupon?" – source, retrieved 2022-06-23
- ↑ "Which ID documents are accepted?" – source, retrieved 2022-06-23